Ambrose & Brid
We are woodturners who both share a passion for working with wood. We work together and support each other.
AS A TEAM WE DIVIDE OUR WOODTURNING TIME BETWEEN –
- Making – much sought after designs, one off pieces and production items.
- Teaching – both the craft and philosophy of modern woodturning
- Demonstrating – woodturning to a variety of audiences
- Writing – about the woodturning field. Read articles of interest here
- Learning – from established masters of Woodturning who have come to our workshop.
All of these activities reinforce the other and all lead to our continuing search for knowledge, not only within woodturning but within the decorative arts field as a whole. We describe ourselves as students of woodturning and we are constantly adding to our knowledge as we explore this very exciting woodturning field. Our philosophy is not to simply ask HOW? but to ask WHY?. Once you know the why, you can always figure out the how.
This philosophy is best summed up by a quote from W.B. Yeats:
“Education is not filling a pail, but lighting a fire”